Thursday 24 September 2015

DepicT! research

My thoughts on 90 second shorts on DepicT!


No words (2014)

I think 'No Words' is good because tells a story of a woman in a abusive relationship and she has found out she is pregnant. What I think is most effective is how the light in the toilet room kept flashing on and off to show maybe show how she is scared also so when  the light turned off it didn't look the the test was positive due to it being dark. With the music I think it is very good as it also build up tension and make you feel worried for her. I like the different shot when it just shows the toilet door and the sink with the lighting because when the light turns on you can see the light shining under the door.
















I.D (2009)

I like 'I.D.' because it shows the girl who it is about growing up in picture taken from a photo booth . It's a documentary which the girl is explaining how her life has been like growing up and how at some points in her life was hard and how she change through that. I do like the sound effects of the camera go off as the pictures change as well.








     




















Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (2009)

I like how they try and recreate Alice in wonderland,  with the girl in hospital and all the all the doctors and nurses are meant to represent the playing card and how the girl who is in hospital is meant to be Alice is show what it is going through her head and how scary it must be to get treated maybe as a metal patient. The music that goes along with the video is every well picked and flows nicely and I like how the edited it with the effects of the girl going big and giving it the black and white effect on it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment