Thursday 28 January 2016

Evaluation of our Advert



Create your own user feedback survey



The brief of this assessment was to re-brand a Unilever product to a different demographic.  We used Roisin idea to re-brand PG tips to a teenager/ young adult demographic from the current  demographics which is house wives and grandparents.  The reason why we chose Roisin's idea as it was the easiest to achieve with the  resources that we had. For example the location we filmed at was very close to the college, the props were not to expensive  and we used normal everyday clothing for filming.

I collected my feed back by asking people to do a survey answering questions that I have given. Most of the feed back I got back was very positive.


I do think that my advert got the main point across which was re-branding PG tips to teenagers and uni students. I think that with the advert would make my chosen demographics want to go out and buy PG tips.  The responses from the survey help because most of them agreed it was aimed at the demographic shown with in the advert.
    With the advert we did break any of the filming rules.
Mise-en-scene: The advert is of to friends arguing and then making up over a cup of tea. Most of the shot types were mid shot and the camera angle is a low angle to give a sense of sadness what also help give the sense of sadness is the pace of the advert and how it goes slowly. The costume we wore were our own clothing so we didn't need to spend a lot on new outfits just for the advert as the budget was not big.
    When editing we had to sort out the lighting as the lighting was not the best it could of been as the lighting was mostly artificial. For the sound/music we went to incomptech  as it is a loyalty free website this mean we can use the music as is not copyrighted.
      I do think that my advert its very effective and does want to make the chosen demographics to buy PG tips. The story line for the advert is two friends are arguing then one of them has had enough so she walks out and then her friend runs to get her because she wants to help so she make her a tea and brings it to her. The narrative we had fit in very well with our advert. That played over the part of me pouring the tea out.
  We wanted to have suttle persuasion. The story line was one of the was because of the making up over tea and the other is the slogan which is ' bringing people teagether '. I do think they do promote the advert every well.
      I do think the message from our advert is very clean in the fact it is two friend having an argument then making up up at the end. The demographics we had chosen to re-brand PG tips to did think the advert worked well in trying to sell the product. looking at the feedback people had said it made them feel thirsty and that if they had argument or disagreement with friends or family they would make up over a cup of tea.

One of the responses from my survey.

Overall I think my advert worked very well selling the product we choose to re-brand to the demographics teenagers and uni students. The advert doesn't break any of the BCAP code rules that fit well with the adverts line up. I do think it looks quiet professional with what we had been given and the amount of time we had to to prepare, film and edits.




Comparing the advert to the original intentions which was to re-brand PG tips to the demographics of teenagers and uni students  it is very close to what we had planned and I'm really happy with how it turned out  and the positivity from the people who have watched our advert were really nice.The pre-production work went really well I think we got it done to a high standard. With the filming we did find it a little challenging due to the weather and knowing the place filmed at (my house) wasn't occupied and the lighting in my house being not the best it could of been but everything else ran smoothly and we got filmed and edited all in good time.When editing we did fix the lighting so it was not as dark and the parts that we filmed outside was not light.
     If we was to do this task again we would of ended it with the friends sitting on the sofa drinking the teas as that is what was suggested by the people who reviewed the advert. I do think that would of ended it better now that we have looked at idea than ending on me walking with the tea and made sure that the lighting would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment